From County Executive Brian Langley
Because of the recent spike in Covid-19 cases in Morgan county and to attempt to flatten the curve during this upsurge, Beginning January 6, 2021 until January 31, 2021, please note the following changes to the office’s located in the Courthouse and the Courthouse Annex:
- The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office – will be open for business during normal hours, HOWEVER, citizens are encouraged to utilize the following methods if at all possible to limit the traffic in the Annex:
- Pay by Phone – The number to pay by phone is 423-346-3503
- Pay Online – www.courtfeepay.com
- Drop Box – is on the door located on the Annex door (across the street from the Main Courthouse). Payments can be dropped in this drop box.
- Orders of Protections and Custody Petitions can be dropped through the slot on the door located on the west side Annex door (across the street from the Main Courthouse).
- The Election Office will be open as usual (Weekdays 8-4). You can call for more information at 423-346-3190.
- The County Clerk’s Office will be open as usual – you can call the office to verify days and hours at 423-346-3480.
- The Trustee’s Office – Will be open normal business hours (you can call Trustee’s Office at 423-346-3430), but encourages you to mail your property tax payment if possible to:
Morgan County Trustee
PO Box 189
Wartburg, TN 37887
- The County Executive’s Office – will be open as usual. The Executive’s office can be reached by calling 423-346-6288.
- The Property Assessor’s Office – will be open by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 423-346-3130 for appointment.
- The Clerk and Master’s Office – will open as usual. You can call the office to verify operating hours at 423-346-3881.
- The Register of Deeds Office – will be open as usual. You can call the office to verify operating hours at 423-346-3105.
MAIN COURTHOUSE DROPBOX – There is a DROPBOX located by the main entrance on the EAST SIDE of the Main Courthouse. Payments for any office can be left in the dropbox. We strongly suggest you do not put cash in the dropbox. Checks or money orders are a much safer option. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PAYMENT IN THE DROPBOX AFTER 4PM OR ON THE WEEKENDS. Payments will be removed by 4pm each workday.